Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama Patient Health Snapshot
Many providers today access Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama data on care gaps and other quality measures using a web portal and printed reports. Now, providers can see that same data presented in their EMR workflow, without requiring a complex EMR integration or added expense.
Introducing the Smart Ribbon and the Gaps app:
If you want people to do the right thing, make as easy as possible for them to do it.
- Automatically starts up with your EMR
- Maintains user and patient context with the EMR
- If the patient currently being viewed in the EMR is a Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama member (Blue Advantage or commercial), the Gaps app will visually indicate whether gaps exist
- Clicking on the badge reveals the patient snapshot info
- See all atributed members in a list view, with filters, and have the ability to print a summary list for easy reference
- Deploy across a diverse provider base
- No direct EMR integration or fees
- Consistent look and feel
- Auto-install & update
- Patented method of automatically maintaining patient context with the EMR
- Nudges users in their workflow; they don’t have to hunt for data
The Gaps app automatically checks the patient being viewed in the EMR against the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama quality and risk measures. If the patient is not in the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama population, the icon checklist is blank. If the patient is in the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama and no care or coding gaps exist, the icon has a green check. If care or coding gaps exist, the icon checklist is orange and has a badge indicating the number of gaps. Clicking on the app icon reveals the gaps.